Sunday, February 21, 2010

Mikey

Mikey is soooooooo adorable! He looks like a stuffed animal that you just want to hug, and hug...

His cage card calls him a Border Collie mix, but (since I have a Border Collie) the only thing I see that he has in common with a BC is color. I see a little Akita, maybe. And I don't know what else, other than Big Mush mixed in.

Mikey is 9-years-old and he came to us when his owner passed away. This is one sweetheart of a dog.

I remember when I was a little girl, a hundred or so years ago, my father taught my dog to "beg." I haven't seen or been able to teach a dog to do this since then. Mikey can do this! And it's so darned cool because he holds it for a few beats, looks at you with those eyes, then gently takes the treat offered.

Can you tell that I love this guy???

Mikey is up-to-date on his vaccinations, neutered, and just waiting for a home. The best thing about an older dog: HOUSEBROKEN!

You'll want to meet Mikey, definitely.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...