Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Dandy

Since Dandy's kids have visited, I should probably talk a little bit about her.

I know I'm not supposed to have favorites. But Dandy is definitely a favorite of mine. I am totally, completely in love with this dog. She's eaten two pair of my glasses, but who cares. She missed me. I was gone for at least 30 minutes.

Dandy is a Basenji-Hound mix. If you know anything about Basenjis, you know that they can be stubborn. I had the honor of sharing my life with two wonderful Basenjis, Rudy and Max, for many years. They destroyed everything in their path. But they were worth it. Even the blue pen on the white carpet fiasco.

And I think Dandy is worth it. I would love to see her in a home with lots of room to run. She loves to chase the ball and bring it back for a treat. You see, Basenjis are smart. They'll check your pockets before they run for the ball. Empty pockets, no ball. Get it yourself. Got a cookie in there? They'll be back in a flash. This isn't a joke.

Come and meet Dandy. I can guarantee you'll fall in love, too!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...